Would you like to ……..
Challenge yourself to work in rural communities?
Gain practical experience about development work and make a positive impact?
Work closely with a Danish volunteers to learn about each other’s culture?
Learn skills for youth activism and advocacy
Develop Confidence, leadership, team work, initiative and project management skills?
If so, then Friends Service Council Nepal (FSCN) is currently recruiting Volunteers for its Youth Volunteer Programme.
What is Friends Service Council Nepal (FSCN)?
- Friends Service Council Nepal (FSCN) is a not-for-profit national level non-government organization working on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Humanitarian support, Climate Change, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), WASTE, Livelihood, Youth and Women Empowerment, Good Governance and Human Rights in Nepal.
- We have worked since 1991 to fight against poverty and injustice through socio-economic empowerment of the poor and marginalized people, gender equality and social inclusion (GESI).
What is the Friends Service Council Nepal (FSCN) Volunteer Youth Programme?
- Youth Volunteer Programme is a DCA funded volunteering programme, led by FSCN that brings together youth people from the Denmark and Nepal to make a difference in developmental activities.
- It promotes intercultural dialogue, sharing and learning between young people from the Denmark and Nepal.
- It gives youth aged 18-25 once in a lifetime opportunity to spend six weeks working on a development project implemented by FSCN alongside youth from the Denmark to collaborate on finding solutions to real-life problems.
- The new group of placements will start in Mid April 2017 for six weeks, in either Lalitpur or Bhaktapur with projects that have been focused on the themes of Livelihood, WASH, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), etc.
- Good verbal English language skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in development work
- Commitment and willingness to complete the entire six weeks working in a rural and basic environment.
- Volunteers need to be 18-25 years of age
What does it cost?
- Nothing, we will cover your living and food costs
- These are purely volunteering positions and NOT a paid position and should not cost you anything to participate. A small amount of stipend will be given to the volunteers.
Fundraising Volunteer needed !!!
Friends Service Council Nepal is looking for an international or national volunteer interested in working for fundraising to seek out funding opportunities for FSCN’s various projects. This position will have correspondence with international and national organizations to create awareness about FSCN’s work, as well as helping to build connections with outside organizations.
Duration: 6 – 12 months
How to apply?
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com . You can also drop your CV in our office situated in Imadol, Lalitpur